Confused husky pup
He’s not expressing confusion, he’s tilting his head for better sound localization. While having an ear on each side of the head is good for lateral echolocation, tilting the head so that the ears are offset gives it vertical depth.
Oh my gosh, that explains why some dogs put their head to one side when you talk to them. They’re not confused, they’re trying to listen to us better. Awww.
Tumblr, we need you! A rogue Arizona State representative, John Kavanagh, wants to pass a bill that would thow trans people in jail for using public restrooms. Anyone could be asked for I.D. to “prove” their gender, and if there’s a discrepancy they could face a fine or jailtime.
When asked why the bill targeted trans people, Kavanagh explained that it’s because he thinks “they’re weird.” Outrageous.
We can stop this bill by taking action at www.allout.org/arizona and spreading the word far and wide. Will you help?
You guys please reblog this and spread this like wildfire. This is where I live and I would hate to see the trans people of my state not be abLE TO FUCKING PISS BECAUSE OF THE GENDER THEY IDENTIFY WITH
PLEASE WATCH THIS
My tribe isn’t federally recognized, so we’re basically invisible to the government (you can read about that here). This dam raise is a super huge threat to our culture; stopping it from happening is really important.
IF YOU CAN’T SIGN THE PETITION, PLEASE AT LEAST REBLOG THIS POST. IT WOULD MEAN A LOT TO ME AND MY PEOPLE. LIKE, PLEASE.
This is unforgivable. These people have already had most of their land flooded and stolen from them, and now we want to take more. I know a lot of people are afraid of water shortages in California right now, but this dam will not help. Dams don’t create water, they just store it, and they store it in a way that can actually cause water to be lost due to evaporation. We have no right to take these people’s homes and history and culture. We didn’t have the right in the first place. There is nothing okay about this.
Y’all believe it now?
You’re fucking kidding me right?
People are suffering to Ebola and America had a way to potentially cure it
AND THEY REFUSE A FUCKING REQUEST?
Does saving lives not mean anything to anyone anymore?
I fucking cant
Who’s really surprised? AMERICA isn’t shit & never will be.
They said it costing too much was part of the issue but I haven’t seen the government have any issue with the billions of dollars they constantly give Israel to do any mother fucking thing they please.
Seriously?! the US ain’t shit
Didn’t they give it to a Spanish patient today
It’s fucking true. They said no to Nigeria. But then ship it right the fuck out to Spain for one patient.
It is so hard to love a country that does not value you/people who look like you.
Told y’all this was going to happen. Just like what they did with the HIV/AIDS drug treatments.
Indeed, a 2011 study by scholars at Harvard and Tufts found that whites, on average, believed that anti-white racism was a bigger problem than anti-black racism.
Yes, you read that right!
So let me push back at what I see as smug white delusion. Here are a few reasons race relations deserve more attention, not less:
• The net worth of the average black household in the United States is $6,314, compared with $110,500 for the average white household, according to 2011 census data. The gap has worsened in the last decade, and the United States now has a greater wealth gap by race than South Africa did during apartheid. (Whites in America on average own almost 18 times as much as blacks; in South Africa in 1970, the ratio was about 15 times.)
• The black-white income gap is roughly 40 percent greater today than it was in 1967.
• A black boy born today in the United States has a life expectancy five years shorter than that of a white boy.
• Black students are significantly less likely to attend schools offering advanced math and science courses than white students. They are three times as likely to be suspended and expelled, setting them up for educational failure.
• Because of the catastrophic experiment in mass incarceration, black men in their 20s without a high school diploma are more likely to be incarcerated today than employed, according to a study from the National Bureau of Economic Research. Nearly 70 percent of middle-aged black men who never graduated from high school have been imprisoned.
all day I dream about slipknot
This banner appeared on ESPN’s Gameday Show between OSU and Florida State. The forced removal and subsequent deaths of thousands of Native peoples, both considered acts of genocide under the Geneva Convention, are absolutely nothing to make light of. This is exactly the racist BS spawned by race-based mascots.
Saturday morning, over 1,000 people march for justice for Michael Brown.
Charda Gregory abducted, humiliated, violated, restrained, scalped and tortured.
If this were reversed, with black police officers who were sworn to uphold peace and justice but instead were documented victimizing a white woman (who was already a victim), this news would have trumped the Olympics!
Truncated version: drugged at a party, abducted to a motel, wakes up during unwanted sexual violation in a motel room full of strangers, fights like hell to escape, motel employee calls the authorities, she gets arrested for destroying motel property and it just gets worst from there.
Every officer who participated in it and even those who witnessed it and did nothing should be punished but instead they just fired the woman?
No rape kit, no police report on the people inside the motel room, no investigation of her claims, no accountability for missing motel entry records, no video from the motel but she gets detained for fourteen days?
(Btw, when did your tax dollars begin purchasing Abu Ghraib type water boarding chairs?)
I get angrier and angrier everyday when I see things like this.